Our business litigation practice addresses the needs of businesses ranging from manufactures and investment managers to technology companies. The Law Office of David W. Engstrom manages and counsels clients on all phases of litigation from discovery and pre-trial motions to settlement negotiations, trial and appeal.
Our business litigation practice concentrates in the areas of financial fraud, securities litigation, derivative suits and class actions, as well as antitrust. We represent clients in disputes concerning contracts, trade secrets, business torts, tortious interference, professional malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, as well as construction matters. In addition, we also handle employment disputes involving confidentiality agreements, non-competition agreements, wrongful termination and discrimination.
Representative business litigation experience of David Engstrom includes:
- Successfully resolving an unfair competition dispute for a technology company.
- Achieving dismissal of federal securities fraud claims against brought against a former officer of a publicly traded company.
- Successfully resolving a dispute involving alleged violations of a non-disclosure agreement for a technology company.
- Successfully representing an investment management company in a dispute with a former officer and shareholder alleging employment and breach of contract claims.
- Achieving a favorable settlement for a financial management company in a lawsuit alleging claims for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract.
- Representing a life sciences company in federal class action securities fraud litigation.
- Obtaining a directed verdict for a private equity company in connection with a tortious interference with merger agreement dispute.
- Achieving a favorable jury verdict in a professional malpractice case.
- Representing a manufacturing company in a breach of contract dispute involving development of a product.
- Defending officers and directors of corporations in a variety of actions alleging breach of fiduciary duty, breach of the standard of care and fraud.
- Representing and defending corporations and other business organizations in antitrust cases involving individual and class action claims concerning unfair competition conspiracies, price fixing, market allocation, exclusive dealing and monopolization.
- Achieving summary judgment and dismissal of antitrust conspiracy case for a corporate defendant.
- Successfully defending a technology company in a dispute involving alleged misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Achieving dismissal of a false claims and conspiracy to defraud lawsuit brought against a corporate defendant.